Hansa PowerBridge is proceeding via a Request for Information (RFI) for the Stations and Cables
Svenska kraftnät and 50Hertz have started with the collection of information for the supply and installation of the stations (2 converters (VSC) and 1 cable section station in Germany) as well as of the Onshore (60km+70km DC, 2km AC) and Offshore Cables (65km+110km DC)
The main technical data are the active power of 700 MW transmitted via a symmetrical monopole (at receiving end) with a DC voltage of +/-300kV and AC voltage of 400kV level.
All cables will consist of an extruded cable insulation. The two submarine HVDC cables and a submarine FOC are bundled prior to laying. After laying the bundle shall be protected by burial or a rock berm. Maximum water depth for submarine cable approximately 50 meter. The underground cables in Germany are installed in preinstalled ducts (ducts not in scope, contracted separately). The underground cables in Sweden are installed directly buried.
The main milestones of the tenders are actually:
- the prequalification from mid December 2021 to end of February 2022,
- a submission of the request for quotation mid-June 2022
- negotiation rounds until mid-November 2022 (as last day for the bid to be submitted) and
- a contract signing in Q3 2023.
The high-level preliminary project time schedule is planning then
- for the cable construction works until Q3 2026 and directly afterwards final site test
- for the converters construction works (including design phase, delivery and mobilization, assembly and installation) a commission in Q3 2026.
About the Project
Procurement om Svenska kraftnät