Associates and Subsidiaries
Svenska kraftnät has one subsidiary and six associates.
Svenska Kraftnät Gasturbiner AB
Wholly owned subsidiary of Svenska kraftnät. The company operates and maintains the gas turbine plants required by Svenska kraftnät for its activities. The objective is to provide reserve capacity with high availability from the company's gas turbine power plants.
The company has a total of 11 gas turbines in Varberg, Norrköping, Trollhättan, Norrtälje and Gothenburg, with a total capacity of 690 MW (megawatts).
The company currently has no employees; the business is conducted with contracted services. Services for economy and certain operation and maintenance services are purchased from the parent company Svenska kraftnät. Operation and maintenance are procured on contract.
- MD: Magnus Hallman.
- Board: Ann-Marie Gelius (chairman), Elisabeth Schylander, Magnus Lindholm, Karin Rådström, Bertil Persson (deputy). All from Svenska kraftnät.
- Svenska kraftnät's stake in share-capital: 100 percent.
- Turnover in 2018: MSEK 125.
For more information please contact Magnus Hallman.
The company develops and manages the IT-system which will support the electricity balancing market.
- MD: Beate Sander Krogstad
- The company is owned in equal shares by Svenska kraftnät and Statnett.
- Operations: Development and management of IT-system for the energy market and balance settlement.
- Svenska kraftnät's Board Members is Lowina Lundström, Ulrika Hesslow (chairman) and Karin Rådström.
- Turnover in 2018: MNOK 25.
Nord Pool Holding AS
- MD: Kari Ekelund Thørud.
- Svenska kraftnät's stake in share-capital: 28,2 percent (Statnett 28,2 percent, Energinet 18,8 percent, Fingrid 18,8 percent, AST 2,0 percent, Elering 2,0 percent and Litgrid 2,0 percent.
- Operations: The company conducts the physical trade (spot market) at the Nordic power exchange.
- Nord Pool is headquartered in Oslo and has branch offices in Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Tallinn, Berlin and London.
- Svenska kraftnäts’s Board Members are Niclas Damsgaard and Elisabeth Norgren (deputy).
- Turnover in 2018: MNOK 393.
Web site: http://www.nordpoolgroup.com/
Triangelbolaget D4 AB
- MD: Ola Barthel
- The company is owned in equal shares by Svenska kraftnät, Vattenfall AB, Ellevio and Tele 2.
- Operations: On behalf of its co-owners, the company administers the fibre-optic links Stockholm-Oslo-Gothenburg-Malmö-Stockholm.
- Svenska kraftnät's Board Members are Julia Möhlnhoff and Bertil Persson (deputy).
- Turnover in 2018: MSEK 39.
Web site: triangelbolaget.se/
- MD: Markus Wråke
- Svenska kraftnät's stake in share-capital: 20 percent (Energiföretagen Sverige 50 procent, Energigas Sverige 15 percent, Swedegas AB 15 percent.
- Operations: Conducts research operations for the Swedish energi industry. Funded as a merge in 2014/2015 between the operation of Elforsk, Fjärrsyn, Värmeforsk and SGC.
- Svenska kraftnät's Board Members is Ulf Moberg and Maria Jalvemo (deputy).
- Revenue 2018: MSEK 98
Web site: www.energiforsk.se
- MD: Hans Müller.
- Svenska kraftnät's stake in share-capital: 50 percent (Vattenfall AB owns 50 percent).
- Operations: The primary task of Kraftdragarna AB is to provide heavy haulage services on behalf of the owners for the transport of transformers, reactors and other heavy components that make up the electricity supply system.
- Svenska kraftnäts’s Board Members are Johan Svensson, Christoffer Börefelt and Bertil Person (deputy).
- Turnover in 2018: MSEK 42.
Web site: http://www.kraftdragarna.se/
- MD: Minnakaisa Ahonen.
- Svenska kraftnät's stake in share-capital: 25 percent (Fingrid 25 percent, Statnett 25 percent and Energinet 24 percent).
- Operations: Operates the joint Nordic balance settlement.
- Svenska kraftnäts’s Board Members are Lowina Lundström and Anna Jäderström(deputy).
- Turnover in 2018: 10 mn euro.
Web site: www.esett.com
In 2015 the business was transferred to Energiforsk AB. Elforsk will be decommisioned in 2017.
Swedish kraftnät's share of capital is 25 percent.