Skip to main content

Svenska kraftnät uses cookies to improve and personalize your visit to our website. By using this site you accept the use of these cookies. Learn more about cookies and how to disable them.

Agreements with affected property owners

When we construct new electricity connections, we need to pass properties owned by private individuals, municipalities and other organizations. Here we describe which agreements may be applicable if a new power line passes over or in the vicinity of a property.

Agreement for inspecting a property

In order to find the power line route with the least impact on the surroundings, we need to investigate natural and cultural values as well as ground conditions. In order to do this, we need to have permission from affected property owners in the form of a so-called consent for preliminary inspection.

If we obtain permission to carry out preliminary inspection on a property, we pay a sum of 3,000 SEK per property. This compensation is to cover the cost of minor damage, such as damage caused by driving, that may arise during the inspections. If damage exceeds the value of 3,000 SEK, this is also rectified or compensated.

If you do not wish to give us permission to carry out preliminary inspection on your property, we can apply to the county administration board for permission to carry out the inspection.

Agreement for construction of the power line

When we have obtained permission to conduct electrical grid operations on the planned route, a so-called concession, from the Energy Markets Inspectorate we sign land concession agreements with affected property owners. This is done in order to gain access to land and to ensure that it is clear what the power line means for each property owner.

The land concession agreement describes which area of the property is being conceded, and the conditions for the compensation to be paid. A separate agreement with acompensation offer is generally sent out together with the land concession agreement. It also clarifies what we as power line owners may do on the property, both while the power line is being constructed and later on, in the course of inspection and maintenance. The agreement also sets down what property owners may not do in the vicinity of the power line. This may, for example, be that you may not establish a stockpile of timber under a power line.

The right to construct a power line over someone else's land is regulated by Lantmäteriet. Together with the concession that right means that we can construct the power line. It is primarily the land concession agreement that forms the basis for the right issued by Lantmäteriet. If we cannot agree in a land concession agreement, Lantmäteriet decides what applies to the points usually covered by the land concession agreement.

What happens when we sign land concession agreements?

When it is time to sign agreements, we invite the affected property owners to meetings where, among other matters, we inform them about the land concession agreement. We also inform about the principles governing the compensation affected property owners are entitled to.

We make contact with each individual property owner by letter or through a visit in person to present the land concession documents. These include land concession agreements, valuation reports, lists of marked trees and offers of compensation. We always strive to reach an agreement with the property owner

Supplementary agreements

When we need to use existing roads during the construction work, we sign a so-called user rights agreement with the person liable for the road. This, however, does not apply to roads with a state subsidy. The agreement regulates rights and obligations, plus compensation for our use of the road. We compensate the road owner with a basic compensation plus a compensation based on the length of the road and the number of pylons we reach through that road. After completion of the work, the road should be left in at least as good condition as previously.

Where we have to lay new roads or widen existing roads, compensation is paid for the land taken, in accordance with the forest regulation or land use regulation.